Sunday, December 03, 2006

Response


This is in response to my own post on 'wow, something something, Christmas.... something'. I was sitting in church daydreaming but still listening attentively today as I so often do and the thought occured to me that; its all about perspective. My whole out look has been 'what about me?' but in reality it doesn't have much to do with me at all... more towards my family and ultimately my Creator. I stand to lose my house, car, etc... but is that really what all this is about? Especially around Christmas time? Maybe if I had the right train of thought and moved it to the paradigm of others instead of myself, I would see the true meaning of Christmas. Then the thought of why this has happened to me for as long as I can remember shook me as maybe its truely that I'm indeed that selfish and need to be reminded time and time again that this isn't about me.
I've been trying to teach my kids about the value of others for a while... in progress, but with all children we need to help them see its not always about them and that others are what truly matter. Especially now that its Christmas time, with being good to get presents and not a lump of coal. This year we will have a small Christmas in the way of presents but then is it that good to teach them that they can be bribed? good= presents.... whats wrong with this picture and the marketing capitalistic CEO's who make Christmas beefed up to be the penultimate drive to be good and get what you wnat.... just not what you deserve?
Whatever happens I have now picked up a new skill thanks to an online blast from the past. I can add it to my repetoir of numchuck and bo staff skills. It is 'How to Trow Your Voice'. Something that I have a feeling will change my circumstances in the job finding perdicament that I find myself in. http://blogfiles.wfmu.org/LG/Unknown_-_Throw_Your_Voice.mp3

Also in good musical taste for today comes from two very different and unique artists. The first is by Pneumershonic, and is entitled 'clothespin Cha cha' and don't forget... farewell, marimbo bimbo. great music and very interestic chatter along with his one hit wonder 'bubonic plague'
Next is an artist whom is rising on the myspace charts.... Bingo Gazingo! He's older than your grandparents, still living on the streets in New York city... so if you're into an old guy with only a few remaining teeth singing in the rap/ screamo style of comedy then you'll love his music. unfourtanately his superb music is too awesome to upload to this site. you'll have to check it out for yourself i suppose.
Speaking of hilarity i stumbled across some Donald Rumsfeld poetry! I'm sure you will be as blessed as the white house, congress and the United States to hear these epic words....

A Confession
Once in a while,
I'm standing here, doing something.
And I think,
"What in the world am I doing here?"
It's a big surprise.

—May 16, 2001, interview with the New York Times

To read more great hits of Donald Rumsfeld visit http://www.slate.com/id/2081042/

and of course now my hero of the day....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home