Monday, December 04, 2006

What to do next

Well, do this, do that. It's sort of how my jobs are going right now. Odd job or 'random task' is my new title. i wonder if I could actually make a decent career out of this? I will roof for 4 more days... maybe three. Start back at sunview... sort of whenever I feel like, either 1 hour here or there or actually working 8 hours a day. They close down for two weeks at Christmas... so I may be pouring concrete with Scott in Pen. Still waiting for Scott (other Scott) to call back about being a loader operator... or moving buildings from nakusp... where is nakusp anyway? And of course I've been making my truck useful and taking dump trips for most people I know, recycling, etc and Now the prospect of having to side my parent in laws house for them... paid of course. By the time all said and done it should be warm enough to work with Matt and build some decks before .... hopefully... starting to landscape with Matt in the spring.... what next?
But today I have found a new skill, or past time rather, to add to my repertoire. the picture speaks volumes and I'm not to sure why anyone has even made a diagram of it... other than the fact it was obviously invented by the Germans

Photo

When I first saw it, I immediately assumed the worst - that our German friends are inhaling teutonic sewer gas to get off. Now call it toilet huffing... or what you will, but after translating the page out it turns out to be advice in the event of a fire emergency. So instead of inhaling smoke you can put the hose in and inhale sewer air! But air none the less.

As the translation page stated "The fresh air equipment of the Kaliforniers William of cross-beam is to save with fire in smoked dwellings the life to humans. According to cross-beam must they in addition only a hose into a toilet insert and the 'fresh air' deeply existing in the tubing system inhale"

So now I will most definitely add this to my stash of duct tape and plastic sheeting.


And of course in the wide world of music today we find a variety of great talent. First runner up is M. Quayutinuag & M Tavaluk with some wonderful throat singing in their classic hit: Quanatyug . Next we have Burkina Faso (aka Fulbe Cowherders) and their number one hit: Demonstration of the Daahi . An enchanting number by Santo S.A. with: Lair's . A curious song and strange man called Angio Loratatino sings; Rumore d'Ombra . Of course there is some good talent among these musicians with Manchurek Khen with his chant: Oorzhak Khunashtaar-ool.
I simply cannot leave out Jeremy Adler and his Alphabox

Enjoy.

Now for me to be single for a week. This will be strange. As my wif is leaving to Calgary to be with her sister for her new baby to be born.

1 Comments:

Blogger Savage said...

for some stupid reason today i cannot get onto my site to change some spelling mistakes... as in my wife. Not my wif. Although really it should really read the wife. i stand corrected

11:05 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home